Sunday, March 19, 2006

A thank you for a mystery gift

There's a mystery taking place right now that has put us in a bit of a quandary.

Last Tuesday, March 14th, an inter-office envelope appeared in my inbin at work. There was no sender listed. I opened it to find a gift card to Best Buy with my initials labeled on it; however, it wasn't signed. I opened the sleeve of the gift card for more clues, but there was no signature. I did, however, nearly fall out of my chair when I saw the amount of the card.

I am baffled. I have tried to find out who this generous sender is, so that I can give a proper thank you, but have not yet succeeded. It's a bit awkward doing that, and this is my first anonymous gift that I can recall.

There aren't enough words to adequately express our thanks. We just want you to know we are STUNNED & OVERWHELMED by your thoughtfulness and generosity. We are so undeserving. We also want to ASSURE you this gift will be put to good use.

One friend suggested I not worry about it, and "pay it forward." That's the best advice I have gotten about this. :o)

Whoever you are, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

Love,
Don & Lisa

No comments: