Friday, September 14, 2007

The Swing


The Swing

by Robert Louis Stevenson

How do you like to go up in a swing,
Up in the air so blue?

Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing
Ever a child can do!

Up in the air and over the wall,
Till I can see so wide,

River and trees and cattle and all
Over the countryside--

Till I look down on the garden green,
Down on the roof so brown--
Up in the air I go flying again,
Up in the air and down!
I love this poem for a couple of reasons...

I have vivid memories of my mom reading it to me when I was a little girl and I have always loved to swing on swings.

Yesterday at the park, I almost cried looking at how my sweet little girl was having so much fun swinging. It was one of those moments when I had to stop and thank God for blessing me so much for bringing Lindy into my life. She truly is a special gift.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Lisa - I began to read and it was deja vu - my mother read this to me also!! Lindy is so cute - what sweet pictures!

I absolutely love poetry. We had encyclopedias when I was little that had a children's pack that came with them, my mom would read this poem from one of those. (I remember it was orange and it was Book #2) Thanks for helping me take a walk down Memory Lane.

Great pictures - great post!
Heather

3 Peanuts said...

I love the last photo of Lindy. So cute!!!

Kim

Jill said...

Very sweet. Lindy always looks like she's having a great time.

Lori said...

What a beautiful poem and beautiful pictures to match!
It sounds like one of "those" moments, glad you could post it and have it to look back on.
How blessed you are. :)