Friday, September 21, 2007

Conversations with Lindy


Lindy cracks me up. I know it is probably pretty typical of a Mom to think her kid is so funny but Lindy has always delighted me with her sense of humor and the things she says.

Here are some recent classics...

M: Good morning princess.

L: I'm not the princess, I'm the queen.

That one took me by surprise. "Princess" isn't a common nickname we use for her. She hasn't watched Disney or really gotten into dress-up yet, so her only exposure that I know of to princesses are the pictures of Cinderella, Jasmine, Ariel, and Belle on her pull-ups and panties. So how did she know a queen trumps a princess???

Here's one from yesterday...

L: I love Grandma. I love Grandpa. I love Kansas. I want to eat Kansas.

People in the Sunflower State be afraid, be very afraid...

This is a common phrase while eating...

L: Mmm, mmm, mmm. It's perfect. I love it.

Don't get me wrong, not everything gets that reaction (especially if it is of the vegetable persuasion) but her zeal really gets me.

To my dismay, Lindy can be aggressive with certain kids. I've been trying to tell her not to hit or hit back, push or push back, etc., but to "turn the other cheek." I know it is a big concept/phrase to use with a two year old and I do break it down for her so that she'll understand. I hear her talking about turning the other cheek quite often. Last week she was running and totally busted on the kitchen floor and hit her cheek. It left a mark and when I asked her if her cheek hurt, she said, "Turn other cheek." Well, my love, I am not sure that would've made a difference but thanks for listening to the lessons I'm trying to teach...

Oh to know what is going on in the head of a two year old...

8 comments:

Cammie said...

What precious little comments from a precious little girl!

Lori said...

Oh Lisa, she is so sweet, and yes, she does have a great sense of humor!
It's so great that you are writing these things down...these simple, everyday conversations are so hard to remember, but will be so treasured later on. :)

Heather said...

Hello friend,

I love that picture - just beautiful!!

I like a girl with a decent appetite! Laughed out loud at the Kansas comment. She is so sweet and Lisa, you must know allllll little girls know a queen trumps a princess, c'mon you were two once!:-)

Thinking of you both -
Heather

Anonymous said...

Lindy,I loved your "conversations" with Mommy and your picture...it lookes like you're holding your new favorite thing...ACORNS! I love you.

wingepr said...

Thanks for stopping by our blog! Your little one is just too cute!

Peggy

McNamara said...

She's absolutely precious...and the sense of humor....LOOK OUT!

To a future Empress....always look to upgrade. ;)

Anonymous said...

What a great pic!

And I am happy to validate -- as one with no familial bias -- that Lindy is a total crack-up. I love it!

DiJo said...

She is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love her smile, her sense of humor, love her!!!!
-Hugs,
Di