Wednesday, August 04, 2010

We're a little tied up around here


Last week--after lots of practice--she did it! She finally did it! She learned how to tie her shoes. However, Lindy isn't just applying her newly acquired skill to her shoes. Nope. That's not how Lindy does things. She is tying up anything and everything that can be tied. Daddy's shoes--tied. Ribbon on my pajama top and bottoms--tied. Sash stolen from blouse in my closet, placed around her waist, and, you guessed it, tied. Thankfully she hasn't located the 112 bolts of ribbon I have stashed away in a drawer.

Also, of noteworthiness, she thinks she's big stuff because she learned how to snap her fingers with accompanying sound. Great! JUST the life skill her royal bossiness needed!

And one last thing my baby is OFFICIALLY registered for Kindergarten.





8 comments:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

I think our girls are a lot alike! EK has learned to tie knots and wants to whistle SO bad... She can kinda snap. As for the bossiness... they are twins. :) Love the pics of her in front of school. I know she will love it. EK is doing great at school too so far. :)
Blessings!

myra said...

Woohoo! Way to go Lindy! That will make her teachers soooo happy.

Hope her first week of school is excellent and yours too Lisa. :)

Jill said...

oh my goodness she looks so big in that last picture! we're still working on shoe tying...actually, i think i've only showed her how to do it once-thankfully her school shoes don't have ties!

Kate said...

Well hooray for big girl Lindy!!! That kindergarten thing...tough...but they are ready...and they are going to have so much fun...

You are not alone. I won't sing a sappy song or anything...I'm just sayin'...because seriously, it seems like just yesterday we were all in our yahoo group imagining who our daughters would be...and now we're expected to send them off to kindergarten??? I would like to file a formal complaint....

Football and Fried Rice said...

YEAH for Lindy!!!! I think my boys were in like SECOND grade before they learned to tie - lazy bones ;)

Sniff, sniff on the registering for Kindergarten....She is growing up way too fast!

KMA said...

I am laughing so hard you may need to come get me off the floor tomorrow. Really cute story about the bows. Our girls have a zest for life, they do not hold anything back! I may need to find out your tricks to teaching her to tie. I lazily have not tried that skill just yet.

I too love the school pics - good decision to get them before school starts too.

DiJo said...

Not only is she smart, she is sooooo beautiful!
Lindy will LOVE Kindergarten!!!! I am very impressed with the shoe tying.. But, more impressed with the beautiful bow on the silk scarf!!!

So glad you are back in blog land!

Hugs,
Di

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh I LOVE it! So proud of her:)

I can't believe that school is already starting....praying for both of you and that she has a fabulous year!