Tuesday, August 03, 2010

June & July--it is really all a blur


I'm on the home stretch when it comes to catching up on the backlog for this blog! Woo hoo! When I looked to see what happened during those months, I discovered we were busy but I didn't have a lot of pictures to sift through, other than our trip to the beach.

In June Lindy started dance class. It is half ballet and half tap. Guess which part she likes better? Apparently she likes to be noisy and take out her frustrations on wood flooring. I loved that after one class she could count to 10 in French. I paid a lot more for my French I class in college and that's really all I recall. She seems to be liking it a lot. Her teacher is excellent and not only does she speak French, she speaks the language of little girl--that is princesses, fairies, and mermaids...




On Father's Day we took Daddy out for lunch after church and then I took a few shots of my sweet loves. Don is an excellent Daddy. He loves being a father so much and he is smitten with Lindy. Some people think having a great relationship with your earthly father helps when it comes to having a solid relationship with God. If that is the case, she should be well on her way to having a great relationship with God!




Lindy loves to decorate, refashion things, and make things fancy. One day she decided to make herself fancy.
It probably really was time for me to get rid of the purple eyeshadow, anyway...


During the last week of June we hosted our friends, Stan & Trellis Moore, from Colorado. The Moores were Don's sponsor family in Annapolis while he was attending the Naval Academy. They were in town and we had the pleasure of spending time together. Lindy gave them some practice before they headed out west to see their four grandchildren.



We also got to see one of our friends from our travel group to China. John Bowers was in town as he is one of the managers of Three Dog Night. He was super busy but he got us into the concert and we had a few moments to relive our special time together bringing home our girls. Too bad, Lynn and Samantha weren't there with him. We're going to have a reunion--someday!

June 2010

April 2006

July came and with it another holiday where we wanted to escape but didn't. The three of us donned our red, white, and blue and drove to a local spot to check out some fireworks (not pictured). I had to get some pictures of our little American girl!





A lot of our days were spent laughing and playing together. Oh how I'm going to miss those days.





There. I think I'm as caught up as I'm going to be. Now, let the good times roll for August!

4 comments:

Jill said...

I am loving all of your pictures! Where is Lindy taking dance? Scarlett wants to keep dancing this fall, but I'm not sure I want to commit to that yet since I don't know how she'll feel after a full day of school...guess we'll see.
I LOVE the picture of Miss Lindy hugging Don. melt.my.heart.

ellieshine said...

She is so beautiful! Gotta love the purple eye shadow - lol!! That 4th of July outfit is adorable, love those smocked dresses :)

I'm impressed that you are caught up! I'm looking forward to August!!

I cracked up at your comment on my blog - the funny thing is I'm still looking at the fixtures everywhere . . . .Weekly trips to Lowe's - now that is a great idea :)

Football and Fried Rice said...

Those red kicks are ADORABLE!! And so is the flag dress ;) Wow - Lindy is always looking too cute!

Sounds like you had some good times with friends this summer - I love the flashback to CHINA - good times - it really flies....

The Byrd's Nest said...

She is so creative in her play...Lottie would LOVE playing with her!

You have been super busy so praying for some quiet days when school begins for you:)