Thursday, August 12, 2010

***Girls only***

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.  Proverbs 31:30

Last Thursday Lindy attended the Sweetpea Beauty luncheon at church.  For her this was kind of a big deal because it was her first event with the "big girls."  As a Kindergartener-in-waiting, she is no longer lumped in with the toddlers and preschoolers.  Sniff...


With her adorable friend, Scarlett--a fellow Kindergartener...

Lindy had a great time watching the movie and laughed out loud on more than one occasion.  Don't tell anyone but her parents are closet fans of Veggie Tales and have been ALSO known to laugh out loud at the silliness.   Shhh...I really love the messages these movies bring to kids and this one was great for the little ladies.


Nothing like a good laugh! 
 
After the movie, the girls dined on fancy tiara-shaped sandwiches, fruit, chips, and then they got to partake in a chocolate fountain.  YUM!  There were also delicious frosted sugar cookies for favors.



As you can tell, it was a fun-filled morning for the little sweetpeas.  A big thanks to Miss Kaci for putting on such a lovely lunch.

6 comments:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

What a fun party!!! Lindy is just a doll!!! :)

Jaime said...

Looks like a great time! I love girlie events and a chocolate fountain...what a treat!!!!

ellieshine said...

We love those movies too - My husband especiallly! I love all those girly things . . . . sniff sniff that Lindy is a big girl now. Next year Tia will go to Kindergarten and she is my last! sob.

Cooking Up Faith said...

Oh, this looks like so much fun!

I literally got chills with the thoughtful comment you left today. Thank you so much for sharing. :)
Big Fat Mama

Michelle R Photography said...

What a cute little sweetpea princess!! I have to tell you, I have laughed to myself several times over the past couple of days over her, "I'm a messer, not a cleaner" comment. I probably think of it when I look at my own messes. LOL

Hugs to you, Lisa!
Michelle

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh what great fun!!!!!!! What a special memory for each one of these little girls:)