Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Take me out to the ballgame...

Yesterday afternoon I took Lindy to her first baseball game. We joined our friend, Carolyn, to cheer on the high school team her husband coaches and her son (Lindy's "boyfriend") plays for. Lindy spent a lot of the time eating ballpark food; however, she checked in occasionally to watch the game and cheer for the players. The weather was so pleasant and the Mavs won, which was great!

Despite her inability to stay put, I have a feeling this was the first of many baseball games for Lindy. Her daddy spent many years playing baseball and her mommy was the team scorekeeper/manager for the baseball team throughout high school. Her Grandpa is waiting to take her to a Kansas City Royals game someday, I bet, too.

Here are a few pictures of our outing to the ballpark. If you click on the pictures, they should appear larger...

Play ball!


Click to play First baseball game
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a postcard - it's easy!

9 comments:

Jaime said...

Oh...so many memories out at the ball park. Beck went to a game last spring and loved it. Glad you girls cheered the Mavs on to victory!

mommy24treasures said...

oh how fun! I think its pretty common for her age to not stay put :)
It would make life way to dull;)
The weather does look so pretty, as well as Lindy's smiles.

Cammie said...

I grew up on The Royals! Gotta love them! Second only to The Braves!

Jill said...

Looks like fun. I miss those Madison games, but I think I would enjoy them even more now that I don't have to stress out about how Jordan did. Glad you had a great time!

Leslie said...

Just catching up on all that is going on at your house! Looks like you are having so much fun! We also love the ball park, we spend way to much time there! I am sure these next few weeks are full of memories for you all. Such a special time in your lives! Little Lindy is so petite, she is just a doll!

Jenn said...

Fun!!! My boys played baseball for a couple of years and it was so much fun to watch! Glad to see y'all had such a good time!

Blessings,
Jenn

Adele said...

Okay, you MUST let me know when you plan to take her to a Royals game. Ron's parents live in KC and we have taken Mallory to a game. She LOVED it. She mainly loved the food and the stuffed panda with a Royals jersey on it. :)
Glad you all had a fun time at the game.

3 Peanuts said...

It looks like a blast. So much fun!

Shannon West said...

we LOVE ballgames... next time, maybe we can tag along!

I didn't know Lindy was interested in older men :)