Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Tellin' it like it is...


You really have to love the honesty of young children. They call it as they see it.

For example, on Monday while Lindy and I were eating lunch, I spilled some water ALL the way down my light blue t-shirt. A few moments later Lindy was tugging at her bib and kept saying, "Bib, Mommy. Bib, Mommy. Bib, Mommy." Confused, I acknowledged that she was wearing her big over-sized bib. Nothing new about that...why all the fuss???

Then the light bulb clicked on when she pointed at my big dribble and said, "Bib, Mommy" again. She was trying to give me her bib because I was such a mess. I laughed and asked her if she thought I needed a bib and she laughed back and said, "yes." Funny thing is, judging by some of my shirts, I probably do...

7 comments:

Deborah said...

Haha... Lindy, I'm so glad to see you're taking care of your mother!

Lori said...

Ok Lisa, you got me curious....what kind of surprises along the way? Are you talking about during the wait? Does you blog start when you got referral or am I missing something?! That was the soonest I could find. I want to know your story! :)

Jill said...

she cracks me up. at least you always know where you stand :)

Laura said...

Lindy is too cute! And what a smart little girl, of course she knows that mama needs to borrow her bib. ;)

MississippiZen said...

Isn't it funny how they think? She is adorable in her little nightgown!

DiJo said...

That little peanut is sooooo smart!
Love her, and love you too!
-Diana

Lori said...

Thanks for your kind comments!! :)