Monday, January 08, 2007

Happy New Year!

Happy 2007!!!

I hope you are off to an outstanding new year!
Up past 9pm
I am a bit behind on blogging but am happy to say, ALL the Christmas decorations are down and put away. I think putting away the decorations is one of the most mundane tasks--ever. Lindy was a bit bewildered as we took apart the tree and packed away the snowmen adorning the mantle. She would sweetly say, "bye bye" over and over. It all must seem a bit crazy and confusing!

I am not one to make New Year's Resolutions because, admittedly, I am not super disciplined at keeping them. However, I have thought of some goals I want to try to meet as I parent Lindy in 2007 (in no particular order).

Here's the top 10:
1. Start and end each day with a big kiss, hug, and "I love you."
2. Maintain patience.
3. Keep working on her potty training.
4. Help her learn important concepts such as sharing, apologizing, obedience, and respect.
5. Have her eat more veggies.
6. Get her more involved with putting away her belongings.
7. Diligently work on colors, letters, and numbers. She "kind of" counts to five right now.
8. Make and take the time to keep singing, dancing, reading, and playing with her on her level.
9. Be consistent in my discipline and expectations.
10. Pray about her and for her EVERYDAY.

I am sure there are hundreds of others I need to consider, as well, so hopefully I'll be able to hit a bunch more, too.

If you're a resolution maker or goal setter, I hope you'll achieve whatever you set out to do in 2007.

Cheers,

Lisa

No comments: