Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Dear Santa all I want for Christmas is...


Lindy really wants nothing to do with the big guy with the beard and red suit. She says, "Sometimes I'm a little shy." If you've met Lindy, you know that's typically not the case but I'm okay if she's shy about Santa and am not going to force Santa Claus on her if she's not ready. We had been asking her what she would like for Santa to bring her and she hadn't really expressed a desire in anything. This is the kid who picks up acorns, leaves, and styrofoam peanuts and calls them her special treasures.

Then last week while I was making dinner she told me she was ready to write Santa a letter and asked if I could help her. I couldn't help her at the time but did inquire as to what she was requesting.
Her reply? "Diamonds. I want diamonds."
Lindy, you make your mommy proud!

12 comments:

3 Peanuts said...

Oh that is so cute! She is one smart little cookie:)

Kim

Kate said...

Lisa,

Didn't LIndy ask for diamonds once before??? I think she REALLY wants them!!!

I hope all is well...I have been thinking of you often. I hope you are enjoying this most belssed time of year. Your Christmas card is lovely. I am a little behind the 8 ball...but they are almost done and on their way...and yours was one of the first I addressed.

I wish you well...

Kate

Jennifer said...

Lindy.....you go girl!!!

Katie asked for rubies and jewerly. These know what they want!

Lindy looks beautiful in the photos.

Have a very Merry Christmas.

Jen

Jcbaron99 said...

Su funny! I seem to remember a previous Diamond post from Miss Lindy. That girl knows what she wants!!!
Thank you for the nudge about the cards! I did it tonight and sent it off to Costco to print. Now I just need the nudge into addressing them!!

Tamra said...

Way to teach her right! I'm sure Don and Lindy's future husband are proud, too. :)

mommy24treasures said...

that is too funny!

I love her dress!!!!!
I hope you have a lovely Christmas Lisa.
Love
C

Jenn said...

Hahaha!! So cute!!

Lindy looks so pretty in these pictures!

Blessings,
Jenn

Cristie said...

Oh Lisa ... this is TOO funny! That girl has some great taste .. she must really watch that Momma carefully! It was good getting to see you guys this week. I hope we can reconnect in the New Year!

Amanda said...

Diamonds?? She never ceases to amaze me!

Jill said...

How funny! Lindy is a smart little girl and she has fabulous taste. :)

Michelle R Photography said...

Oh, that is hilarious!! You are teaching her well. :)

I wish you and your family a very, Merry Christmas!!

Love,
Michelle

DiJo said...

That a girl!!!!! You go Lindy! I can't wait to see who you marry someday!!!

Merry Christmas sweet girl!!! Give your Mommy a great big hug for me!

Love,
Miss Di