Sunday, October 05, 2008

Seussical the Musical and other stuffety stuff...

“Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.”-- Dr. Seuss

Yesterday afternoon we had a fun little outing as a family. First, we went downtown to the Riverwalk and had lunch--Mexican food of course-- right on the river at Casa Rio. It was a really pretty day for people watching and Lindy loved watching all the ducks and river barges. It would've been nice to stay longer but we were in a bit of a rush because we were on our way to see Seussical the Musical at the Magik Theatre.

It was our first time to attend the Magik Theatre but it definitely won't be our last. It was a darling theatre and they really put on a fun little production that was enjoyable for Seuss fans big and small. I had hoped to have some pictures of Lindy with the cast but Miss Congeniality decided to get shy and reserved confirming it'll be a while before we plan a trip to Disney. She didn't want anything to do with Horton or the Cat in the Hat or anyone else. Oh well...

As we made our way to the car, I couldn't resist taking a picture of the Tower of the Americas, one of San Antonio's most well-known landmarks.

I know I've talked about how time is such a precious commodity and the weekends just seem to go so quickly. I have to remember to intentionally plan things to do as a family and not always get caught up in our mile-long to-do list. I hate that not everything gets done that I want but I know that NOW is the time to be making memories because time goes so quickly as dear Dr. Seuss reminds us in this quote, "How did it get so late so soon? It's night before it's afternoon. December is here before it's June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?”

Thanks for the memories and important life lessons, Dr. Seuss!

14 comments:

Kate said...

Oh how green with envy I am! My love for all things Seuss borders on obsessive I must say. In fact...in my wild days (ahem!) i almost GOT A TATTOO....with some....friends...and I was all set to get The Cat in the Hat...but alas...I woke up with an ear infection the morning they went and couldn't make it. I truly believe divine intervention...but I digress...

Lovely pictures and it sounds like a perfectly perfect kind of day!!!

Kate

Football and Fried Rice said...

Love the Seuss quote & it is so true... sigh :) Sounds like a fun time at the Seussical!

Jenn said...

Sounds like fun, fun, fun!!

Jill said...

What a fun day! Eating outside on the Riverwalk is always so much fun. Love Lindy's shirt.

Lexie said...

How fun!!

Love, love, LOVE that little outfit she has on!

Jill said...

what a great family day! that is a fun theatre...haven't been since i taught school, but remember it as being a great place.
glad you put the to-do list away for the weekend and enjoyed your time together :)

Jboo said...

I've heard that Seussical the Musical is great! How fun that you all got to go!

Have a great week!

Janet

Jennifer said...

Love the Dr Seuss quote....how true about time passing by. Sounds like you have a great day!

The pictures are great!

Jen

Jcbaron99 said...

I so miss the Magik Theatre. I'm glad you went out and enjoyed it at a family.
I'm trying very hard to also not get caught up in my own expectations of what needs to be done. More family time. It's hard but the rewards are more than worth it.
So did you buy that dress on Etsy?? Love it!

The Oswalds said...

Sounds like a splendid day! And I LOVE Lindy's dress! Glad you are capturing some wonderful memories.

Sheri said...

What a great quote that is! Keep making the memories and don't feel bad about that to-do list -- it will always be there but you little ones won't be. One of my "little ones" is turning 17 this month -- "my goodness how the time has flewn." :)

The Byrd's Nest said...

What a fun fun day!

mommy24treasures said...

oh HOW FUN!
I to love the quote... perfect for this post!

Michelle R Photography said...

This looks like such a fun day!! You live in such a beautiful city. I've only been once, but I love the Riverwalk area. What a great place to go and just stroll around.