Thursday, May 10, 2007

We are now the proud owners of a two year old



On Tuesday, May 8th, Lindy celebrated her second birthday. It seems like we were just celebrating her first birthday (see below). Yikes! Where does time go?

She had her two year checkup and a Hep B to start the day. Am I a mean Mommy or what?! She wasn't too happy about that arrangement but it went fast and was virtually painless. She weighed in at 21 pounds/15 oz and was 33 inches tall. She's a petite little thing but not at all scrawny. The doc says she looks great!

We had a nice lowkey day and birthday evening. She had several calls, emails, cards, presents, and her friends Jordan and Ellen even came over for a few minutes. For dessert we had birthday cupcakes which she was much more excited about than last year. She even pursed her lips to blow out the candles. She loves singing the birthday song and I've even "caught" her singing it in her crib over the baby monitor.
Lindy continues to amaze us each and every day. She is so full of life and personality. It has been a year filled with many milestones and accomplishments. She is chattering up a storm and her vocabulary is growing daily. She is stringing words together to form sentences. She counts to 10 pretty easily and is making her way to 15. She spells her name. She can identify several colors: Green, blue, pink, red, black, white, yellow, orange, brown, and purple. She loves to sing and dance and doing the splits. I know I'm gushing...Sorry...Kind of...It is just that when I see her smile, I can't help but smile--even when I'm in a foul mood.
Each day I wonder if this is the day that she's going to be a two year old in every stretch of the imagination. I fear it...I dread it...but I know somehow we'll all get through it! She can be sassy and headstrong and the tantrums may be coming but so far they've been manageable.

We look forward to another special year with our sweet girl and celebrate our two year old.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Time really does fly. It seems that every year goes faster than the last. I'm glad you're enjoying every minute!

Anonymous said...

She looked so happy walking in Wednesday night. It's such a blessing and joy to watch your family grow together!