Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Gung Hay Fat Choy


Sunday February 18th kicked off the beginning of the Chinese New Year. This year is the Year of the Pig. In China, they celebrate the lunar new year for 15 days and it is a time of family, friends, and lots of food.

As a wonderful new year's treat, we were blessed to finally meet Diana & Jeff Rouse in person in town from Minnesota. Diana and I have been friends for over a year through my wonderful Monday night prayer group. She is a great listener and has been a constant source of encouragement and insight. She has provided me confidence when I felt like I wasn't doing so great of a job in my new role as a mother. I knew from the moment I "met" her via our call, she was going to be a special friend.
Diana and Jeff have now been logged into China waiting of news of their daughter for 16 months. The wait has been long and agonizing but they have remained faithful and positive the entire time. Our prayer is that it is just a matter of days until they receive the referral of this precious child. We ask you to pray for them, too.


We went and had Chinese food, they looked at about 400 pictures of our trip to China, and we just had fun visiting like good friends do. They had so much fun watching
Lindy (who refused to wear her native Chinese dress) and seeing her made it seem very real to them. Unfortunately, our time together was short but we were thankful for this great opportunity to be together.

No comments: